New area: Miracles, Myths, Mistakes and Matters — See Title Page and List of Contents
— latest, 11th November 2015: Flame, Fire, Shooting Star – or Shooting Down of the Nonsense with Quran?
Refuting the gross distortion and misrepresentation of the Quran, the Prophet Muhammad and Islam, made by the critics of Islam
Submitted by Rashid.
Holy Quran, Chapter Al-Kauthar, Verse 3:
“Surely thy [Holy Prophet Muhammad’s] enemy is cut off.”
The word ‘abtar’ (from ‘batr’, meaning ‘the cutting off of a thing entirely’), as applied to a beast, means ‘one whose tail is cut off’. As applied to a man it conveys several significances, for instance, ‘in want’ or ‘poor, suffering loss, one whom all good or prosperity is cut off, having no offspring or progeny’ (LL). All good is cut off from him because he walks contrary to the ways in which good can be attained. (Holy Quran commentary by Maulana Muhammad Ali).
The verse addressed Holy Prophet Muhammad SAWS, but it also applies to other appointees of Allah. Just the way Holy Prophet Muhammad SAWS enemy was made ‘abtar’, we see the same happened to charismatic Pakistani Prime Minister Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto who through his 2nd amendment to 1973 Constitution behaved as enemy of Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad, Mujaddid of 14th Islamic Century.
ZAB had two sons and two daughters. Both sons are dead. Through one son he has one grandson. His politically active daughter Benazir Bhutto is dead. I don’t know what future holds for ZAB only grandson through his son. His grandsons through his daughters, including Bilawal Zardari don’t have Bhutto as their last names (although he changed his name, for political purpose, after death of his mother to Bilawal Zardari Bhutto).
According to founding members of ZAB’s Pakistan Peoples Party, i.e. Dr. Mubashir Hassan, Abdul Hafiz Pirzada, the current PPP led by Asif Zardari is NOT ZAB’s PPP. Given the state of political leadership of even this version of PPP, it is very much doubtful that it will remain as viable political party in future.
ZAB has become abtar both biologically and politically.
As our contributors know, when submitting a comment they are required to type the current year (2009 at present) in a box. This eliminates spam/advertising comments from being auto-submitted because this number has to be typed manually by a human.
I hope to modify the programming code in a day or two to make it recognise 2010 as the current year. I will announce it here when that has been done. Till then it is still 2009.
Our esteemed contributor Ikram has reminded me that today, 28th December, is the anniversary of the death of Khwaja Kamal-ud-Din sahib (may the mercy of Allah be upon him), which took place in Lahore in 1932. He is buried in the old Lahore Ahmadiyya section in the great Miani sahib cemetery in Lahore.
This is a link to a page of contents giving links to information about the life of the Khwaja sahib.
One of these links is to the Muslim League records showing that condolences were expressed at its annual meeting.
Here is a link to the special issue of The Islamic Review, April-May 1933, published in tribute to him.
I was at the annual gathering of the AAIIL in Lahore in December 1982. I remember the late Mirza Masud Baig, General-Secretary, walked in to one session and reminded people that that day was the 50th anniversary of the death of Khwaja Kamal-ud-Din.
Submitted by Rashid Jahangiri.
Problems I face as a member of LAM And suggestions to resolve them
In my talks with our jamaat (LAM) opponents on Internet or in person, I realize repeatedly that they believe that our jamaat has the same beliefs as that of Qadiani Jamaat. Here are couples of examples:
“the same is with Mirzaees whose reasoning falls behind the scope of fundamental tenets of Islam. How ridiculously the fanatics of this cult have remarked about non-Mirzaees being Kafirs! ….. If this be so all Muslims who are not Mirzaees should be Kafirs!”
“I may take your point in that Muslims other than Mirzees were declared Kafirs by his [HMGA] son. But what I am trying to say is that this entire lot is ONE and DISTINCT and has to be viewed as a WHOLE.”
And then in their support they bring quotes from Qadiani Jamaat publications authored by their Khalifa 2 Mirza Mahmud Ahmad and his brother Mirza Bashir Ahmad. Such as:
1) “So whatever has been ordained in the Holy Quran about non-belief in a Prophet, the same applies in the case of Mirza Sahib.” (Al-Qaul-al-Fasal, p. 33).
2) “If we don’t believe in him as a Prophet then a dangerous flaw occurs (in iman [faith]) which is enough to render one a ‘kafir’.” (Haqeeqat-un-Nabuwwat, p. 204).
3) “It is obligatory for us not to consider non-Ahmadis as Muslims.” (Anwaar-e-Khilafat, p. 90).
4) “… and one who does not believe in the Promised Messiah, whatever his reasons for this non-belief, he is kafir.” (Zikar-e-Illahi, p. 22).
5) “The third matter to which he (Maulana Muhammad Ali) calls my attention is the issue of ‘kufar and Islam’. He says the path of peace is that we consider non-Ahmadis as Muslims, but I say ‘the path of peace is that we accept the decision of the Holy Quran. The Holy Quran calls the non-believers in a Prophet a kafir, and the same Allah calls Mirza Sahib a Prophet’.” (Haqeeqat-ul-Amar, p. 17).
6) “Is there any such irreligious non-Ahmadi who will marry his daughter to a Christian or a Hindu? You call them kafir but in this matter he is better than you in spite of being a kafir, but you even being Ahmadi marry your daughters to kafirs.” (Maliakatullah, p. 46).
7) “We met a person in Lucknow who is a great scholar. He said ‘many of your adversaries falsely propagate about you that you call us kafir. I cannot believe that a person of your vast capacity would be saying so.’ Sheikh Yaqub Ali was talking to him. I told him, ‘you tell him that we in fact call him a kafir.’ On hearing this he was much astonished.” (Anwar-e-Khilafat, p. 92).
8 ) All such Muslims who have not entered in the Baiat of the Promised Messiah, whether they have not heard the name of the Promised Messiah, are kafir and out of the pail of Islam. That these beliefs have my full concurrence. I readily admit. (Aaina-e-Saddaaqat. p. 35).
His younger brother Mirza Bashir Ahmad, M.A., surpassed him when he wrote:
“Every such person, who believes in Moses but does not believe in Jesus, or believes in Jesus but does not believe in Mohammed, or believes in Mohammed but does not believe in the Promised Messiah, is not only a kafir but a confirmed kafir and out of the pail of Islam.” (Kalamatul-Fasal, p. 110)
My question is, How we can resolve this problem? Perhaps our Qadiani Jamaat friends should think about rejecting these statements, and accept that mistakes were made by authors of these books.
This will help not only LAM members, but will also definitely help Qadiani Jamaat friends immensely. Qadiani Jamaat friends will find this very helpful in their efforts to be recognised as Muslims, which they seek to do by quoting the Holy Quran and Hadith to prove they fulfill criteria to be declared Muslim.
In this regard, I look forward to suggestions from our jamaat and Qadiani jamaat brothers and sisters. Thanks.