New area: Miracles, Myths, Mistakes and Matters — See Title Page and List of Contents
— latest, 23rd January 2017: Solomon speaking to Ants? – Not too Antsy though!
Refuting the gross distortion and misrepresentation of the Quran, the Prophet Muhammad and Islam, made by the critics of Islam
Thought Provoking Questions by Qadiani Friend Nasir Mahmood.
I received an email from a Qadiani friend Nasir Mahmood sahib. He commented on speech delivered by QK3 Mirza Nasir Ahmad on November 6, 1977, at Masjid Aqsa, Rabwah, Pakistan to annual rally of Majlis Khuddamul Ahmadiyya. In email Nasir Mahmood sahib also raised some poignant questions. I see it as a sign of Islal (correction)in Qadiani beliefs and practices. Though Qadiani friends have long way to travel, but journey has started. Allah-O-Akbar. Email is copy-pasted below.
Hadi Ali Chaudhry Sb,
The Editor, Ahmadiyya Gazette
Reference: Article on Khilafat and Mujaddidiyyat (May 2013 issue)
Assalam-o-Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah,
Herein below the undersigned enlists some questions and comments on the above document with the request to please answer and clarify these in your next issue of Ahmadiyya Gazette:
1) It does not make sense why the author chose to build up his views on the basis of some ambiguous sayings of a few scholars prior to Hadhrat Masih-e-Maud (as) whereas he claimed to be the third Khalifa of Hadhrat Masih-e-Maud (as) who has dilated (expounded) upon this subject covering it abundantly in all aspects in his books and sayings.
2) The history of Jamaat and its literature is witness to it that up until 1968 it was the unanimous faith of Jamaat of Hadhrat Masih-e-Maud (as) that Messengers, Prophets and Mujadadeen shall keep on descending in the Jamaat Ahmadiyya (i.e. true Islam) until the day of resurrection. What prompted him to put forward this innovation contrary to the teachings of Hadhrat Masih-e-Maud (as)? Also, third Khalifa’s statements in Pakistan National Assembly of 1974 that no Ummati Prophet will come after Hadhrat Masih-e-Maud (as) in the Ummah was in direct contradiction of Hadhrat Masih-e-Maud (as)’s clear statements that Ummati Prophets shall keep on coming in future as well. (Reference: Roohani Khazain, Volume 20, Page 227)
3) Hadhrat Masih-e-Maud (as) has defined that a Khalifa is the substitute of the Prophet who rejuvenates the faith (Reference: Malfoozat, Volume 2, Page 666). The term “Khalifa” means the Rank and the term “Tajdid” describes his function. The effort of the author to unnecessarily confuse the readers is highly deplorable.
4) The author has admitted the claim of Hadhrat Masih-e-Maud (as) that he is the 13th Khalifa of Islam who descended at the turn of 14th Century. So it simply means that in previous 13 centuries there was only one Khalifa in each century and it refutes the innovation of the author that the Arabic word “Mann” in the hadith of Mujadadeen may mean more than one in a century. Can you provide a reference from the writings of Hadhrat Masih-e-Maud (as) to this effect? Why should an Ahmadi disregard the teachings of Hadhrat Masih-e-Maud (as) the “Hakam” and “Adal” and prefer others over him?
5) Hadhrat Masih-e-Maud (as) has described that the verse “Inna Nah-nu NazZal NazZikra Wa Inna La-hu La Hafizoon” (Al-Hijr Verse 10) is the fundamental verse regarding this subject and the Ayaat-e-Istakhlaf is subservient exposition of the same (Reference: Roohani Khazain, Voume 6, Page 338). The hadith of Mujadadeen is further exposition of both above mentioned verses, but the author has not taken into his account this basic fact in his article.
6) The author has stated that there is no mention of the word “Mujadad” in Holy Quran. But doesn’t he know that there is no mention of the words “Masih-e-Maud”, “Qudrat-e-Sania” and “Khilafat Ahmadiyya” in the Holy Quran? Then why did he believe that?
7) The author has tried to belittle the rank of Mujadad while Hadhrat Masih-e-Maud (as) says:
a) That in being Messenger of God, the Prophet and the Mohaddas have the same rank (Reference: Roohani Khazain, volume 6, Page 323).
b) The Mujadadin and Roohani Khulafa are needed in the Ummah as there was need of prophets since ever (Reference: Roohani Khazain, Volume 6, Page 340).
Since the Mujadad should necessarily be the recipient of the Holy Spirit (Rooh-ul-Qudas) also comes in the garb of a prophet, therefore signs to recognize him are the same as that of a prophet. Moreover it is incumbent upon a believer to recognize the Mujadad / Imam-uz-Zaman of his century and have faith in him and thus avoid dying in a state of ignorance. Did the author ever announce his claim to be the recipient of the Holy Spirit?
8) The author has based his views about Khilafat Ahmadiyya on the basis of hadith stating Khilafat Rashida will be for 30 years, but Hadhrat Masih-e-Maud (as) has not given much credibility to this hadith as compared to others for the current age (Reference: Roohani Khazain, Volume 6, Page 338). Therefore any reference for the author’s approval of it is simply an imputation and “dajjal”.
9) The author’s assertion that his views are in accordance with the teachings of his predecessor Khulafa is incorrect. First Khalifa states (Reference: Badar, 23 May 1913) that Qudrat-e-Sania means that Mujadadeen will keep on coming in support of Hadhrat Masih-e-Maud (as). Similarly 2nd Khalifa says the same in Tafseer Kabeer, Volume 9, Page 319.
10) The author further says that it is not necessary that a Mujadad should announce his claim. But we find in the practice of Hadhrat Masih-e-Maud (as) that prior to his receiving the honor of rank of Masih-e-Maud in 1889, earlier he was granted the rank of Mujadad in 1885 and he did publish it (Reference: Roohani Khazain, Volume 2, Page 319). Did he do an unnecessary thing by announcing of his becoming a Mujadad?
11) Further the author says that if someone believes that after Hadhrat Masih-e-Maud (as) any Mujadad should come he belittles Hadhrat Masih-e-Maud (as)’s position. To such thinkers, the question is this that sometime after the Holy Prophet (saw) the Khatam-ul-Anbiyaa (Nabi-e-Akhir-uz-Zamaan), Mujadadeen and Ummati Prophet have advented but his (saw) position has not been belittled; rather his (saw) beneficence increased, then how such occurrence will belittle the rank of Hadhrat Masih-e-Maud (as)?
Unity of Jamaat is much desirable but it cannot be achieved by disobeying Almighty Allah, His Prophet (saw) and Hadhrat Masih-e-Maud’s (as) teachings which is what happens when the people start following the whimsical views of any person contrary to it.
25th May 2013
Ikram has submitted a post with the title given above, in commemoration of the death anniversary of Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad today, 26 May. Please read it as a pdf file at this link.
Submitted by Rashid Jahangiri.
BBC Documentary on Marmaduke Pickthall and video of Shah Jehan Mosque (Woking Muslim Misson)
Marmaduke Pickthall (7 April 1875 — 19 May 1936) was a Western Islamic scholar, noted for his English translation of the Qur’an. A convert from Christianity, Pickthall was a novelist, esteemed by D. H. Lawrence, H. G. Wells, and E. M. Forster, as well as a journalist, headmaster, and political and religious leader. He declared his conversion to Islam in dramatic fashion after delivering a talk on ‘Islam and Progress’ on November 29, 1917, to the Muslim Literary Society in Notting Hill, West London. He was also involved with the services of the Woking Muslim Mission in the absence of Khwaja Kamal-ud-Din, its founder.
Submitted by Rashid Jahangiri
Today Christian Pope canonized 800 Italian Catholic Christians, who according to Christians, refused to convert to Islam in 15th century, so Ottomons murdered them.
Personally i never heard this before. Anyways we need to do some reseach and find out if it is really true then, condemn Ottomon rulers and their administration, otherwise expose lies of Christian Pope.
Link to Al-Jazeera news video: